SPECTRO Introduces Next Generation SPECTRO MIDEX Small-Spot ED-XRF Analyzers For Faster, More Accurate Elemental Analysis of Precious Metals
Kleve, Germany — SPECTRO Analytical Instruments today announced the introduction of a new generation of SPECTRO MIDEX small-spot energy-dispersive x-ray fluorescence (ED-XRF) analyzers for faster and more accurate elemental analysis of precious metals.
The new SPECTRO MIDEX analyzer represents a smart alternative to fire assay testing that not only approaches fire assay in terms of precision, but greatly surpasses it in both speed and ease of use.
The new generation SPECTRO MIDEX analyzer incorporates the latest developments in ED-XRF detector technology, allowing improved precision. The innovations help make it one of the most-advanced midrange laboratory XRF benchtop analyzers available for precious metals testing. The new instrument delivers both an increased accuracy of elemental analysis — critical in the refining of precious metals — and substantially accelerated testing times for higher sample throughput — a priority for high-volume hallmarking centers. It is easier to operate and features helpful software and the easy transfer of results into a laboratory network.
Specific features and benefits of the new SPECTRO MIDEX analyzer include:
- High precision and accuracy for a wide range of concentration levels — plus short testing times (often 30-40 seconds). For small jewelry items or drill cuttings from remelted samples, it analyzes a small spot (typically 1 mm). For silver samples, which may be relatively inhomogeneous, averaged results from an optional larger spot size maintain high-accuracy results.
- Excellent ease of use with intuitive software supplying all relevant information on a single screen. An integrated video system aids in accurate positioning of the sample and also can help document the testing spot. Display, print out, and transfer of analysis results supports later data use and/or proof of compliance.
- Competitive, cost-effective analysis for precious metals testing offices, assay labs, hallmarking centers, and refinery labs. Its accuracy and speed reduce costly additional ICP-OES or fire assay testing that requires digestion.
- A high-resolution silicon drift detector (SDD) that makes determination of trace and minor elements even more accurate. Adding to that precision is a new ultrahigh count rate. With the same measurement time as prior models, it delivers up to 4X higher intensities.
- Greatly improved speeds on previous 120 second analysis times. With the same accuracy as earlier models, the new, faster scans may take only 30 seconds.
- A compact design with a spacious measurement chamber that handles samples from tiny jewelry pins to large silver pieces. Samples are placed onto a laboratory jack, and a turn of a knob moves it precisely into optimum measurement position. Close the analyzer door and a single screen click begins the analysis.
Optional AMECARE M2M (machine-to-machine) support extends self-diagnostic functions with proactive alerts, backed by direct monitoring via a remote SPECTRO service expert’s PC.
The new, next-generation SPECTRO MIDEX analyzer is available immediately from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. For more information, visit http://www.spectro.com/midex or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis in a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measurable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 40,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.
For more information, visit http://www.spectro.com or email email@example.com.