New SPECTRO XEPOS Spectrometers Redefine ED-XRF with Exceptional New Levels of Elemental Analysis Performance
Kleve, Germany — SPECTRO Analytical Instruments today announced its new line of SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers, representing a quantum leap in energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence
(ED-XRF) technology and providing breakthrough advances in the multi-elemental analysis
of major, minor, and trace element concentrations.
New developments in excitation and detection introduced with the new SPECTRO XEPOS ED-XRF
spectrometers deliver outstanding sensitivity and detection limits and yield remarkable gains in precision and accuracy. The analyzers excel at critical tasks from rapid screening elemental analysis for environmental and waste sampling to demanding applications in research, academia, and geological science. They support precise product quality control at-line for a variety of applications such as chemical and petrochemical production, and the manufacture of cement, cosmetics, food, pharmaceuticals, and more.
The new line of SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers
• Spectacular sensitivity: Innovations in adaptive excitation plus tube and detector technologies that dramatically improve sensitivity — often by 10 or more — to boost precision, realize significantly lower detection levels, and deliver a fast and accurate analysis of a wide range of elements, from sodium to uranium. Enhanced with new high-count detector and tube designs, new sensitivity, and minimized backgrounds, the new analyzers’ proprietary adaptive excitation technology enables exceptionally low limits of detection (LODs) for a wide range of elements.
• Unparalleled precision: Unlike most ED-XRF elemental analyzers
, the X-ray tubes in SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers remain powered on between measurements to prevent on/off variations from affecting readings. This ensures long-term stability, realizes an exceptionally high degree of precision in elemental analysis — up to 3 better than before, and delivers substantially improved analytical accuracy for concentrations from trace elements to major components.
• Faster measurements: For operators who require speed more than utmost precision, SPECTRO XEPOS analyzers can dramatically cut measurement times, while still maintaining precision levels comparable to traditional ED-XRF spectrometers. The system’s high speed helps to achieve analyses of most samples within a few minutes.
Redesigned operating software provides proven ease and power, while the unique new TurboQuant II software quickly and accurately analyzes practically any unknown liquid, powder, or solid sample. In addition, the new SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers exhibit a significantly lower cost of ownership than wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WD-XRF
) spectrometers — thus delivering WD performance at an ED price for many applications.
Optional AMECARE M2M (machine-to-machine) support extends the new analyzers’ self-diagnostic functions with proactive alerts, backed up by direct connection with a remote SPECTRO service expert’s PC.
The new line of SPECTRO XEPOS ED-XRF spectrometers is available immediately from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. Four advanced versions are available, enabling users to prioritize their selection according to measurement speed, ultimate precision, or groups of targeted elements in specific matrices.
For more information, visit http://www.spectro.com/xepos
or email email@example.com
. SPECTRO Analytical Instruments is a leading global supplier of analytical instruments employing XRF, Arc/Spark, ICP-OES, and ICP-MS technology for the elemental analysis of materials in industry, research, and academia.
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis for a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 40,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.
Notes to Editors:
• Press contacts:
• Germany: Tom Milner, Tel: +49-2821-8920
• USA: Don Goncalves, Tel: +1-781-793-9380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Download high-resolution photos from: http://www.spectro.com/about-us/press/press-pictures