NORSOK Super Duplex Approval Opens
Global Supply Chain for Fine Tubes
PLYMOUTH, UK--Fine Tubes, a leader in the manufacture of precision tubing for critical applications across a range of global markets, is delighted to announce that it has received NORSOK approval to supply the oil and gas industry with UNS S32750 seamless straight length tubing in the wall thickness range of 1mm to 3.98mm.
The NORSOK M-650 standard verifies through a set of established requirements that a manufacturer has sufficient competence with the relevant material grades, including Super Duplex stainless steel, as well as the necessary manufacturing facilities and equipment. Qualification is valid for five years.
Fine Tubes secured this additional approval by aligning its manufacturing process with NORSOK M-650 requirements and by demonstrating its compliance through audits undertaken by One Subsea. The process, which was made possible through a frame agreement with One Subsea and TW Metals, brings Fine Tubes into the global supply chain for all One Subsea sites.
Chris Burridge, Customer Quality Engineer for Fine Tubes, commented: "This is great news for us, adding another feather to our NORSOK hat and opening up further opportunities for us. Working in partnership with One Subsea gave us the dialogue we needed to qualify.”
The Super Duplex NORSOK approval applies to Fine Tubes’ Plymouth site and covers a specific routing with specific equipment, complements the company’s existing 6Mo NORSOK approval and ensures that Fine Tubes has a full range of suitably qualified alloys to supply the industry.
Fine Tubes works closely with its sister company, US-based Superior Tube, across all of its key markets, including oil and gas. This new global structure enables Fine Tubes to further serve the global demand for approved super duplex tubing.
Note to Editors
Press Office for Fine Tubes Ltd and Superior Tube Company
Phone: +44 (0) 844 822 1658
Mobile: +44 (0) 7739 461 061
About Fine Tubes Ltd
• Established 70 years ago, Fine Tubes is a leading metal tubing manufacturer with its headquarters and production facilities in Plymouth, UK, and sales offices in Houston; Munich; Orleans, France; and Noida, India. In addition, the company has several agents across the globe, including oil and gas specialists in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
• The company manufactures both seamless and welded tubes, in a wide range of stainless steel, nickel, titanium and zirconium alloys, for critical applications in the oil and gas, nuclear and power, aerospace, chemicals and medical equipment industries.
• Recent oil and gas projects for which Fines Tubes has supplied specialist tubing include the development of fields in the North Sea, Norway, Nigeria, Australia and a number of the GCC countries in the Middle East.
• Fine Tubes currently employs around 380 permanent staff and exports its products to over 35 countries worldwide, including India, China and the United States.
• Fine Tubes is a unit of AMETEK Specialty Metal Products, a division of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
For more information, contact Fine Tubes Ltd., Plymbridge Rd., Plymouth, Devon PL6 7LG, United Kingdom. Telephone: +44 (0) 1752 735851. Fax: +44 (0) 1752 73301. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Website: www.finetubes.com