PITTSBURGH, PA, – AMETEK Process Instruments, a leader in process analytical instrumentation, has introduced next-generation software for the Phoenix II XRF analyzer. The new software features enhanced data management, statistical calculations, and such productivity enablers as:
• Archived data compatibility with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Excel, etc.
• Statistical analysis options that allow a single sample to be run multiple times and generates an analysis of the spectra along with metrics on noise levels and peak shape position reproducibility.
• Overlay of stored spectra on current spectrum
• Display of calibration correlation plots
• Copy/Import/Export methods and data from unit to unit
• Ability to apply terms and factors to data results
• Display in real time, counts per second
• Interactive Spectra Viewer such with markers indicating keV and/or elements.
The Phoenix II from AMETEK is a polarized Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF) benchtop analyzer that offers extreme simplicity of operation in a low-cost compact design.
The analyzer is an ideal for the elemental analysis of Al though U qualitatively and quantitatively in liquid, powder or solid state. Designed for use in the challenging production and quality control environments, the Phoenix II is equally suited for the laboratory.
An onboard PC makes use of the Windows®7 operating system through a simple, intuitive touch-screen display, making analysis easy for non-technical operators, but advanced enough for more experienced users as well.
Options for the Phoenix II include a polarized X-ray source, a movable secondary target, and a rugged gas-filled proportional counter detection system, giving the Phoenix II improved performance for the measurement of low atomic number elements such as Al and Si as well as S and Cl.
The detector’s design yields a high X-ray throughput and makes use of X-ray filters to separate the spectral peaks of elements with adjacent atomic numbers. With its onboard computer, no external computer is needed. The Phoenix II does not require an external mouse or keyboard, yet offers USB, VGA, and Ethernet connections for networking and connecting to external devices
AMETEK Process Instruments is a leader in the design and manufacture of a broad range of on-line analytical instrumentation with the industry’s most extensive product line, offering analyzers based upon eleven differentiated technology platforms. It is a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of $4.0 billion.
For more information, contact AMETEK Process Instruments, 150 Freeport Rd., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15238 USA. Phone: 412-828-9040. Fax: 412-826-0399. Web site: http://www.ametekpi.com