New Portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer Delivers Fast Lab-Quality Results for At-Line Elemental Analysis
Kleve, Germany — SPECTRO Analytical Instruments today announced the introduction of the new portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence spectrometer
that brings laboratory-quality elemental composition monitoring and quality control testing to at-line analysis
The durable and compact SPECTROSCOUT XRF analyzer
delivers reliable and highly precise results with the power of a top-grade laboratory benchtop instrument in an easily transportable design. The SPECTROSCOUT is ideal for manufacturers and processors of such products as chemicals, cosmetics, feedstocks, foods, metal coatings, and pharmaceuticals among others.
Employing the SPECTROSCOUT
for at-line analysis dramatically enhances QC productivity by eliminating time spent transporting samples from the plant floor to the laboratory to wait in queue for testing. In contrast, the SPECTROSCOUT can deliver audit-traceable results directly from the manufacturing floor.
Moreover, the SPECTROSCOUT is a much more affordable alternative as an at-line installation than larger and more costly laboratory instruments, and it can be operated with minimal introductory training.
Features of the new portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence include:
• Dependable accuracy and sensitivity at a wide range of detection levels, providing precise at-line analysis from high-percentage concentrations to trace elements.
• Performance levels that surpass those of other portable spectrometers
at a highly competitive cost that is half that of a dedicated laboratory instrument.
• Ease-of-operation that includes an intuitive interface, simplified software that interacts via a standard computer, and predefined applications packages.
• Unique iCAL calibration takes just a single integrated sample and 5 minutes, reducing recalibration work.
• Laboratory-instrument class advantages, ranging from customer-specific calibrations to advanced pre-calibrated application packages.
• Rugged, lightweight (12 kg/26.46 lb) space-savings design (350 x 306 x 306 mm/13.8 x 12.1 x 12.1 in), that optionally includes a 5-hour internal battery for plant floor, at-line analysis as well as X-ray fluorescence analysis anywhere from the laboratory to the field.
The portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence spectrometer is immediately available from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. For more information, visit SPECTRO at ACHEMA 2015, June 15 to 19, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, in booth H4.2‐J8. The portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence spectrometer is immediately available from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. For more information, including a variety of application notes, visit the SPECTROSCOUT Resource Center on the Web at http://xrf.spectro.com/spectroscout
, or email email@example.com
In addition, join the live webinar broadcast, “Get Lab-quality QC analysis right at the point of production – with new SPECTROSCOUT”
on 9 July, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CET (11:00 a.m. EDT – USA). Register now at: http://xrf.spectro.com/spectroscout/at-line/webinar
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments is a leading global supplier of analytical instruments employing X-ray fluorescence, Arc/Spark, ICP-OES, and ICP-MS technology for the elemental analysis of materials in industry, research, and academia.
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis for a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 30,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with more than 15,000 colleagues at nearly 150 operating locations and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.
Notes to Editors:
• Press contacts:
• Germany: Tom Milner, Tel: +49-2821-8920
• USA: Don Goncalves, Tel: +1-781-793-9380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Download high-resolution photos for publication from: www.spectro.com/presspictures